New Reflections Counseling (NRC) is dedicated to providing professional counseling based on a conservative/evangelical Christian worldview. All counseling interventions are in harmony with what the Bible teaches. NRC believes in absolute standards that by nature remain unchanged and yet valid over time.
NRC has five beliefs related to counseling:
- God made us as growing beings; God designed us for change rather than staying the same.
- God made each of us unique in our gifting and ability; God purposes and positions each of us for specific accomplishments.
- God made us as self-monitoring beings; God designed us with the ability to introspect and examine ourselves.
- God made us as self-controlling beings; God designed us with the capability of choosing our actions.
- God made us as finite beings; God designed us with the need to depend on God (God’s love, grace, and wisdom).
In summary, God made us with the intention that we would grow towards the likeness of God through our own willingness and acceptance of God’s help.