The following are the financial terms by which New Reflections Counseling (NRC) agrees to provide services.
- 50 minutes of Face-to-Face, Phone, or Video counseling – $140 (sliding scale fee available $30 to $140)
- 50 minutes of Online chat – $85
- 60 minutes of Email response – $85
- 50 minutes of Group counseling – varies depending on the number of people in the group
- Client requested communication – $85 per letter, phone call, report, etc. includes up to one hour of time.
Sliding Scale Fee
NRC wants our services to be accessible to those who need help. NRC provides a sliding scale fee (SSF) for those who demonstrate they cannot pay the standard fee. The SSF is determined by the client’s total household income before taxes. Total income includes all forms of income and assistance (financial, housing, interest, alimony, etc.). NRC reserves the right to charge a fee, higher or lower, depending on the client’s ability to pay. The client is responsible for notifying NRC of any permanent changes in income. The sliding scale does not apply when a client is attending counseling for legal reasons.
Can I use my HSA or FSA?
Yes! Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts are an excellent way to pay for our services using non-taxed money. Our clients have successfully used HSA or FSA money to pay for counseling. NRC’s Merchant Category Code (MCC) is 7277 Debt, Marriage, Personal-Counseling Service. To directly use your debit card your bank must accept this MCC. Otherwise, you can pay with a check or personal credit card and seek reimbursement for the medical expense. We can provide a receipt so you can make a claim.
Receipt for Reimbursable Services
Clients with HSA, FSA, or insurance can pay NRC directly and submit a receipt to their bank or insurance for reimbursement. Upon your request, NRC will supply you with a receipt detailing your expense. NRC will do this free of charge once for every six (6) paid sessions or once a month.
Benefits of Self-Pay
Clients who pay directly for their counseling needs gain the following benefits:
- You gain confidentiality and privacy. Using insurance creates a paper trail and your insurance company has the right to review your clinical records.
- You get to choose the right counselor for your personal concerns.
- You do not need to worry about whether further sessions will be approved (you are in charge, not the insurance company).
- You will likely feel more responsible and invested in the counseling process and might even see results quicker due to increased motivation.
Canceling or Rescheduling
Appointments are reserved specifically for you. As a courtesy to your counselor and others who might want your appointment time, let us know if you are unable to keep your appointment. If you do not notify by phone before 10am the business day before your appointment (i.e. Friday when your appointment is Monday), you must pay the entire fee for the time you scheduled. Exceptions are limited to an act of God concerning you, your spouse, or your children (illness, death, car accident, severe weather emergency). Difficulties related to work or obtaining a baby-sister do not count as acts of God. Schedule your appointment when responsibilities (work, children, etc.) will not interfere. If you miss your appointment without notification or develop a pattern of canceling you may be asked to pre-pay future sessions or service may not be provided.
Payment in full of the agreed upon fee is due by the end of each session. For online or phone services, payment is expected before service is provided until the client establishes a favorable payment history. Payment can be made in person by cash, check, or credit. While payment can be made in cash, NRC does not keep cash on hand to make change. There is a $30 fee for returned checks. This does not include any charges by your bank or any collection fees.